Patching the Kernel
- Download a Kernel patch matching your kernel version. If you are using a different kernel than the vanilla sources from kernel.org there is no guarantee that the patch will apply successfully.
- Switch to the kernel directory (e.g. /usr/src/linux) and execute the following command: patch -p1 < path-to-patch-file
- Compile and install the kernel.
Building the user mode tools
- Download the user mode tools.
- During the kernel modifications some header files have been changed. Before building the user mode tools you have to adjust the include path to the modified/patched kernel sources for each user mode tool.
- Compile and copy the programs to /bin resp. /usr/local/bin